Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Post and the Host

I realise, blogging, and doing a radio show, have one thing in common.

You ALWAYS do it for one particular set of eyes. And ears.

No, no, no, no, noooo. Please don't tell me it isn't like that. I refuse to believe it. If you weren't doing it for one specific set of eyes, you'd not do it at all. Just like if you're not on the radio for one specific set of ears, you won't be much good at it.

That pair could belong to anyone. A friend, a parent, a teacher, a mentor, a competitor, an enemy, a lover. But subconsciously there is that one person we ALWAYS keep in mind.

So who's yours? Identifying who one is posting, or hosting, for, can be quite an insight into one's own personality. Sometimes a nasty shock. Sometimes a hilarious realisation. Often a smiling dawning.

So then? Who's yours?

4 comments:

Deepanjan Ghosh said...

Hmm...tough question. I guess it keeps changing.

Riya said...

:-) yep. fun isn't it, coming face to face with 'the most significant person in your life.'?

Unknown said...

i learnt that lesson from you many moons ago! but was good to be reminded again!

kaaju katli said...

Don't know. More like for my own eyes. But here's the thing. It's terribly embarrassing to go back and read what I've written - sheeesh, what was I whining about then kinda situation.